Virserum Konsthall will present the triennal WOOD 2019 next year with focus on wooden architecture and sustainable rural development.
We invite students in architecture to design pavilions in the area around the art gallery. The pavilions should be designed as open meeting places, shelters from wind, sunshine and rain, but open and accessible for everyone.
The rules for participating are as follows:
- Registration for participating should be made to firstname.lastname@example.org on 1st March 2019 at the latest.
- The party participating can be a group of students, or a class or course.
- The project to be entered should be authorized by the tutor of the party.
- Plan/rendering of the pavilion should be sent to the above email-address before 15th April 2019. A description of construction material, quantities needed, tools and machinery should also be submitted as well as the notion behind the pavilion.
- The pavilion should be designed in wood from Swedish forests or some other renewable source. It should be no larger than 5 m by 5 m and the maximum height 3,5 m.
- The pavilion should be designed for a ten year lifespan with only minor maintenance.
- Virserum Konsthall will choose three designs to be carried out.
- The parties that designed the designs to be carried out can build their pavilions on site in June 2019. Virserum Konsthall will pay for construction material, tools and machinery. The parties will get an allowance of € 3500 for each party for travels and hotel. Pavilions not build by their designers wil be build by Virserum Konsthall.
- All projects chosen will be awarded € 1000.